Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I think, therefore iPhone


Each January, Apple holds their annual "One more thing..." keynote in San Francisco at the MacWorld expo, and today was the day. I actually forgot about this (I've become so Wii-ified lately, my perusal of Mac news is all but dead), so I was shocked and thrilled to see two awesome new products when I went to Apple.com this afternoon!

iPhone

Rumored for years now, the iPhone is finally here. Or at least, it will be. In June. DANG! I can hardly wait for this widescreen iPod, 2 Megapixel camera, PDA cell phone! I'm really glad that I'm a Cingular customer, and I will be saving my pennies between now and June to become an early adopter...

Apple TV

This is the death knell for DVD. Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are doomed to remain storage options for pc's and video games, as a result of this move by Apple. We all know that iTunes is the most popular place to download music and television shows for use on our iPods, and now Apple has announced movie downloads, starting with Paramount Studio's entire back-catalog! All I need now is a way to watch this stuff on my television - cue Apple TV. The device, for less than a Blu-Ray player or HD-DVD player, streams all your iTunes content to your televsion!

Pretty sweet stuff! Now, if only I could play video games by moving my body around...

No comments: