Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Acquired: Hallmark 2012 Dark Knight Rises Keepsake Ornament


Every Christmas my awesome wife purchases Hallmark's annual Keepsake Batman ornament for me and while it took some extra time and effort, this year was no exception. A few weeks AFTER Christmas, she came home with this pretty little package to add to my growing collection.

THE GOOD: This ornament has a great dynamic pose, with Batman leaping through the air, cape billowing out behind him. He looks intense and ready to take someone out. The detail on the ornament is well done and The Dark Knight's suit looks pretty accurate. The ornament is also made of a plasticky material that feels as though it will hold up to being dropped much better than the fragile stuff of previous years.

THE BAD: While I love the pose and the suit detail, Batman's face doesn't hold up so well. I don't mind too much, as this is a Christmas tree ornament and I don't have people visiting and scrutinizing my tree, but I would still appreciate a bit more care in this area. In addition, although the new material feels more durable, it also feels a bit cheap. The cape itself is actually flexible, which reminds me more of a kids toy than a collectible.

CONCLUSION: BUY IT! If you love Batman, like me, and you're a fan of Hallmark's annual ornament series, this is a must have. Despite the cheaper feel of the materials, this ornament still achieves its primary purpose with ease - looking AWESOME on your Christmas Tree!

Pick this item up on Amazon today:

No comments: