Tuesday, November 20, 2007

ZAP! (per)



This past Saturday, I experienced something that normally only an elite few in the world of game blogs get to; I received a soon-to-be released hit title several days early!

That's right; I went over to my local Game Crazy (you know the one; I used to manage it!) to get a system selector for our 42" LCD TV, so I wouldn't have to keep switching cables just to use the Wii and/or XBOX 360 (the what?). The trip was a major brouhaha (more on that later), but while I was there, I thought I'd try to verify my pre-order for Link's Crossbow Training and Wii Zapper.

If you're not familiar with the Zapper by now, it's essentially a plastic casing that holds the Wiimote and Nunchuck in it, sort of approximating the feel of a tommy-gun when you hold it with both hands. So far it has met mostly negative reviews.

Link's Crossbow Training is included with the $19.99 accessory, and is an entertaining target-shooting game set in the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess universe. You all know what a Zelda freak I am, so this was a must-have.


Much to my surprise, when I asked the clerk to check on the arrival date of the Zapper and pack-in game (due out 4 days later), he said, "Wait, I think it's already here!" and stepped in the back to check. He emerged a moment later, my prize in hand, exclaimed, "Yep, the only one we got!" Naturally I purchased it post-haste.

So, while many are just now getting their feet wet with Link and his trusty crossbow, I have had all weekend to enjoy the title and accessory (much better than people are giving it credit for, believe me), as well as to try it out with another game, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2.

I'll get reviews for both posted soon, but for now I must get busy ZAPPING!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah! Nuts! You always get the new stuff! It was only last year this time that you posted about sharing your then-new Wii with your family. Now you get the toys first again! That's awesome.

I'll be in line for the Wii Fit floor pad.